The Dunlop RS5 is the cross ply tire that was fitted to so many British sports cars. Cars like e-type Jaguar Austin Healy fitted Dunlop RS5 tires.
Dunlop RS5 for its day was a performance tire- the Dunlop Road Speed 5 is H speed rated (130mph) and was original equipment on cars like Austin Healey, Jaguar right through from the XK120 through to the e-type Jaguar-
Dunlop RS5 Tires
Currently (2016) Dunlop are not making any historic tires, which includes sadly not making any of these RS 5 tires, below we list alternative and often radial alternatives to the small range of Dunlop RS5 tires:
- 750H13 Dunlop RS5 – 7.25SR13 Michelin X
- 590H15 Dunlop RS5 – 165HR15 Michelin XAS, 165SR15 Michelin XZX, 165HR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67. For Austin Healey 180HR15 Michelin XAS
- 6.40H15 Dunlop RS5 – 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato, 185VR15 SP Sport, 185VR15 Michelin XVS, 185VR15 Avon TurboSteel & 180HR15 Michelin XAS
- 8.15H15 Dunlop RS5 – 205VR15 Pirelli Cinturato.
- 8.20H15 Dunlop RS5 – 235/75R15 Hercules
- 6.00H16 Dunlop RS5 – 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato, 185SR16 Michelin X & 600WR16 Michelin Pilote X
- 670H16 Dunlop RS5 – 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato, 185SR16 Michelin X , 600WR16 Michelin Pilote X 670VR16 Avon TurboSteel
- 700H16 Dunlop RS5 – 700X16 Firestone & 670VR16 Avon TurboSteel.