Alfa Romeo Giulietta Wheels
- Standard Alfa Romeo Giulietta wheels were 4.5” pressed steel wheels.
- In period Borrani offered a 4.5” aluminium rimmed steel centre Turbo Sport RB1-257.
- The Turbo sport RB1-257 utilised the Giulietta’s standard bolt-on system and original hub caps.
- Borrani also offered bimetal racing Giulietta wheels, the RW 3344 & 5”X15” Spoked wheels RW 3942.
- Of course these classic Giulietta wheels are Aluminium rims with mild steel spokes and wheel centres.
- The Spoked Borrani Giulietta wheels can come with either a painted or polished rim with Chromes spokes and wheel centre.
- Borrani also provide a transform kit to change from Bolt on wheels to Centre lock spoke wheels and a different one for the centre lock Turbo sprint centre lock bimetal wheels.
- For more information about centre lock transform kits and Giulietta wheel information contact +44 (0) 1302 711 123 - [email protected]
Classic Alfa Giulietta Tires
- The original Alfa Romeo Giulietta tires where 155HR15 Pirelli Cinturato. They are still the best Giulietta tires today.
- The 155 TR 15 Michelin X was another radial Giulietta tire that could be fitted in the day.
- A later 1965 tire, the 155 HR 15 Michelin XAS is another good Giulietta tire option.
- A wider low profile tire option would be the 175/70VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- However the Giulietta will handle at its best with the Pirelli Cinturato CA67.
- The Estate car had bigger tires. 165HR15 Cinturato were the original Giulietta Gardinetta and Giulietta Promiscua tires.
- If you need Alfa Giulietta racing tires you will want Dunlop Racing tires or Avon CR6ZZ tires.
Inner tubes for Alfa Romeo Giulietta
RB1-257 Borrani Bimetal Bolt on Wheel 4.5"x15" Alfa Romeo Giulietta Wheels
RB1-546 Borrani Bimetal Wheel 4.5"x15" Alfa Romeo Giulietta Wheels
RW 3344 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Wheels
RW 3942 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Wheels
The standard and best tire for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta is the 155HR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 that was introduced in 1952. Michelin do also make an excellent option in the 155HR15 XAS, but the Cinturato was original equipment and Pirelli's build quality is excellent, the progressive handling and period looks of the Cinturato set the car off beautifully.
Alfa Romeo Giulietta wheels
Borrani have always had a close association with Alfa Romeo and offer a selection of wire wheels for the Giulietta. Although the Giulietta did not come as standard with wire wheels Borrani offer a transform kit to give you the option of fitting either the 4.5"x15", RW3344 or 5.0"x15", RW3942 wire wheels.
Borrani developed its Turbo Sport wheels for fitting to the Giulietta, these wheels soon became called Bimetal wheels, as they have a pressed steel centre piece and light alloy rim. The Bimetal Giulietta wheels have recently been re-manufactured by Borrani with an option of 2 styles for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. The Turbo Sport wheels use the standard bolt on system of mounting a wheel. Whereas the Turbo Sprint uses a Transform Kit so you can fit the centre lock wheels with a knock on spinner.
- Note the transform kit used for wire wheels is different to the centre lock kit for Bimetal Turbo Sprint wheels.