Ferrari 250 GTO Wheels
250 GTO Wheels
- The Ferrari 250 GTO fitted lightweight, Aluminium Rimmed, Borrani wire wheels.
- The front 250 GTO wheels were 6”X15” RW3711.
- Ferrari fitted larger wheels and tires to the rear of the GTO; The series 1 GTO fitted 6.5”X15 RW3715.
- The later 2nd series 250 GTO of 1964 Ferrari fitted wider 7.5”X15” RW3808 on the rear and put the series 1 RW3715 wheel on the front with the wider 6.5” rim.
- Some of the earlier series 1 Ferrari 250GTO now often fit the later and wider 7.5” RW3808 Borrani.
- The 250GTO had a 42mm hub. The spinners used were the 3 ear 42mm dished Ferrari Spinners.
Ferrari 250 GTO Tires
- The Ferrari 250 GTO of 1962 to 1964 left Maranello fitted with Dunlop Racing tires.
- The Dunlop Racing CR65 tires fitted could have been a mixture of 6.00L15 CR65, 6.50L15 CR65 and 7.00L15 CR65.
- The Dunlop Racing tires fitted would be determined by the track, and race series entered.
- The Dunlop Racing M section tires are not suited to a Ferrari 250 GTO, because as it runs wire wheels it need to fit inner tubes.
- For many years Ferrari 250GTO cars used on the road would fit a mixture of Michelin XWX tires.
- The 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 is a genuine period tire that would have been a road tire option for the front of the 250 GTO.
- The 205VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN72 came out in 1964 and is perfect radial tire for the rear of the 250 GTO. It is a shame these 2 tires don’t share the same tread pattern.
- Pirelli have made a special tire, specifically for the Ferrari 250 GTO, with a period Pirelli racing tire tread pattern the Pirelli Stelvio.
- The Ferrari 250 GTO needs to fit inner tubes in its Borrani wire wheels. Fronts; the Michelin 15F fits 185R15 and 205/70R15. The Michelin 15/17H13 is the ideal inner tube for 215/70R15 and 225/70VR15 tires on wire wheels.
RW 3711 Ferrari 250 GTO Wheels
RW 3715 Ferrari 250 GTO Wheels
RW 3808 Ferrari 250 GTO Wheels