Volkswagen Bug Wheels
1955 - Beetle Chassis No. 1000,000
VW Bug Wheels
- Borrani make the RW 4345 Borrani Wheel 4.5"x15" for use on the VW Bug.
VW Bug Tires
- The very first Beetles had 16" wheels fitted with crossply tires. In this size the 5.00/5.25 x 16 Avon Tourist is the best suited.
- The original equipment tire for most Beetle models is 5.60x15. In this size there is not a performance crossply suited to modern driving. We suggest fitting radial tires.
- For light handling we recommend the 155 TR 15 Michelin X.
- For comfort when driving on motorways and dual carriageways, we recommend the 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX.
- This tire is also available as a whitewall, we recommend the 165R15 Michelin XZX Whitewall for the fashion conscious.
VW Bug Innertubes
- Wire wheels must always fit innertubes, even if your tires can be run tubeless.
- The ideal innertube for the 16" tires above is the Michelin 16E.
- The proper tube for the 15" tires above is the Michelin 15E.
- According to our fitment guides, it was common for the early Beetles from the 40s and 50s to use tube-type wheels, which necessitate innertubes. However, later models from the 60s and early 70s mostly came equipped with tubeless wheels. Nevertheless, it is possible for a newer Beetle to have tube-type wheels.
RW 4345 Volkswagen Bug Wheels